From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:51:58 -0700
Hello all!

I need some major advice, though not for myself.

I given advice on what to expect after adreanal surgery.  I'm going to skip
the particulars and get to the point (need Vets and other experts to answer
this, pls): Is the ferret to be kept overnight after adreanal surgery (even
if no human will be in the office over night) or is it okay to send the
ferret home the evening of surgery?

This question was posted once before on the fml (actually, with a sad
ending to the story), so I asked my Vet.  He did say some Vet's send the
pets home the day of surgery, but he does not.  Actually, he was being
very careful with his words.  He mentioned sending an animal home the day
of surgery is a liability issue (this is not why he or Dr. Seigel keep
them overnight...they just love their patients---my opinion, anyway).

If you email me directly, pls note whether or not I can forward your
message.  I cannot cut and paste as I am working with WebTV.

Thank you in advance.

Lise