Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:17:27 -0800
Hi Karen,
My suggestion is what works here.  My ferrets have what I think is a
really good hit rate....on paper.

Non really like litter, except for one that will use the kitty box when
out.

I bought the largest litter pan that I could fit in the bottom of the
cage.  For me it is the medium size pan designed for dogs.  Found mine at
PetCo, I'm sure they are everywhere now.  It has a low entry, high enough
corners, and lots of *swing room* (thanks Marilyn, great term) as the
decide where to poop.

I had to lift the cage from the bottom, then put the pan in as it
wouldn't fit through the door.  It is a tight fit so it can't be moved,
covers half the floor, bedding on the other half.  Easy for me to wipe
down to clean too.

I line this pan with paper towels.  You could use newspaper, but I have
one that will scratch that because she likes the noise.  Paper towels
are great.  Just toss and replace twice daily, or more often as needed.

It also is a great way to monitor the urine output/color of my older
gentleman with heart and kidney disease.  If you want to try this, get
it all set up, then put a ferrety poop in a corner of the pan.

Good Luck, hope it works as well for you.

Ardith