From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:24:24 -0600
This is supposed to help the shelter operators so they don`t have to go
out & purchase extra things with their limited funds.Any relief is a
blessing.

Christmas seems to be the time--although expenses, vet visits, surgeries,
meds, losses & heartbreaks occur all the year long...The giving tree is
a ray of sunshine amidst the "groundhog Day" syndrome we all experience
daily.  It`s something to look forward to!!  It`s great to see the
community pull together & do these things!

It is a wonderful feeling to open a nice warm, soft blanky with your bald
adrenal ferret.  Or open a package of treats with your little lymphoma
patient.  It doesn`t have to be much.

If for some unforeseen reason the secret Santa is unable to follow
through with the donation for that ferret--however small--no matter
what----it would be only courteous to notify the shelter operator.  The
ferret could then be placed back on the tree, & get another chance!
Some of these ferrets will never live to see another Christmas.  Never
get another chance to have a secret Santa.  We`ve experienced that.
(Can you say "GRINCH"????)

No, the ferret doesn`t know what day it is.  It would be just as
grateful for that something special in August----but a commitment is a
commitment....

Love,
Zoo