From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:38:51 -0700
Hiya folks!

First off, I'd like to say I am in whole-hearted agreement with BIG on
his decision to suspend the limit for Dr. Williams.  Dee Eisenman does make
a good point that emergencies should not be handled via this list.  She
also points out how private emails may be a way to avoid changing the limit
restrictions for just one person.  That may be the case.  However, I think
the benefits gained from Dr. Williams' posts to the list are important for
ALL of us.  Any professional medical information is of use.  The greater
the collection of knowledge I can gather as a ferret owner, the better
ferret owner I can be.  And for his contributions to that collection, I
would like to thank Dr. Williams.  BIG, keep those posts comming!!

On another subject entirely, I must relate a nightmare I had last night.  I
don't remember the specifics, and I doubt they are all that important.  I
was visiting a school of some kind.  There was a young boy there.  Now, the
strange things started with the fact that this school was also an animal
shelter.  The students and teacher of the school took in strays, etc., and
took care of them until they could find an owner.  I had found a small
ferret, with very odd markings, so odd I wasn't even sure it was a ferret.
I took it to this boy and he said he had to put it somewhere safe until the
teacher got there.  He took the ferret and left the room.  When he came
back, he showed me around and I played with some animals.  Then the teacher
got there and the boy led me into the other room to get the ferret I had
brought in.  To my horror I discovered that the boy had put the ferret in a
ziploc baggy to keep it "safe" until the teacher got there.  I woke up in
cold sweats at 3:00am, with the most horrible image in my mind.  I couldn't
shake it.  I had to get up and check on all my babies.  I didn't get back
to sleep until after 4:30.  I don't know what this dream could possibly
mean, or where it came from, but I haven't had a more disturbing nightmare
in years.  It is 10 hours later and I still can't shake it.  Anyone else
had a ferret nightmare before?  Want to form a support group?  (Heh, I'm
only half joking on that one.  This really did bother me.)

Melissa Barnes