From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:12:29 -0800
Hi everyone.

Well we had two little foundlings added to the site over the weekend.
The first is in Yorba Linda, CA, and was found on the 26th of October.
The second is in Miami, FL.  It is described as follows, and please pay
careful attention to the woman's comments.  I'm not sure she knows much
about ferrets...anyone in the area who can help her out?  She says they
have been "feeding and excercising it," but someone who is closer to her
may want to find out what she is feeding it, and how she is excercising
it, under what conditions she is keeping it confined, etc.

Color: "Grayish with white feet, face, and stripe on back."
Markings: "Are white feet - mitts?  Semi-skunk like white stripe on back
of head."

Where was it found?  "Climbed out of my large garden pot yesterday
afternoon."  (This was posted on Sunday, so it would have been found
on the 28th of October.)  "Very tame -- We have been feeding and
exercising it."

Comments: "It seems friendly and smart and very tame.  It must be
someone's lost pet.  I have placed an ad in the local newspaper
(Miami Herald) and put flyers up around the neighborhood, too."
You can read this, and the other ads, including all contact
information, at http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets/list.html.

Now then.  Since I spaced it off completely yesterday, I am posting this
today knowing that it will not be read by anyone until the day AFTER
Halloween.  Oh well.  Because of this, I am extending the one-day Halloween
contest to include the 1st of November.  So while you are reading this
reminder, you probably still have a chance to enter.  The prizes for each
of two catagories, "Trick," and "Treat," are a Runner the Ferret Beanie
Baby.  Check out the contest at
http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets/contest.html.

Melissa Barnes
http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets