Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:55:14 -0500
When I found the FML it was through a desperate search for information to
save an ailing friend.  That battle was ultimately lost, but I found a
great doctor in the process who wanted to learn from the illness and help
me prevent such tragedies in the future.  Since then, I think the overall
health if my little angels has much better.

I also have learned many things about the types of food to feed and been
able to share fun stories about my critters.  However, as life often
does, I became very busy with school and new jobs and kids, so posting to
the FML became difficult.

The amount of advertising that has been present does not bother me so
much.  I myself have dropped in advertising, so I have no stones to cast.
It was the large amount of in-fighting, which I suppose is just a symptom
of the "village" ideal put forth by Sukie.  I just lost interest and have
mostly lurked since then.  I am at the end of the very long process of
getting a masters degree, so I hope to have more to contribute in the
future.  Till then, I'll just lurk about.

James & Family

Loving:  Bebe, Fred & Max
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Rikki, Jako & Riley

"We recite the names, lest we forget"
Moru, Sage Ferretus

P.S. Just to keep this post somewhat on topic, I just wanted to say a
few words about my current brood.  My dear Bebe is starting to show her
age.  She has been in our family longer than my children; going on 7
years now.  She is still bouncey and playful, but sleeps and rest so much
more.

My two big boys, Fred and Max have been great additions.  When I picked
them up, I had gone down to choose just one.  Like potato chips, you can
never stop at just one.  Max is very sensitive.  I we miss a day of play,
his tummy gets upset and diggs out his food dish.  Then there is Fred who
is just a bear.  He is the nippiest ferret I have ever owned and try as I
might, he just won't be trained otherwise.  He is probably just set in
his ways and he never does it out of malice, just overzealous play.

I have loved introducing my children to the ferrets.  The love them very
much and get excited everytime they play, even though they don't want to
touch them.  In fact, my oldest still remembers Jako and Riley and talks
about them sometimes, so I know that the litte fuzzballs are loved and
remembered by more than just my wife and me.