From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:54:07 -0900
I just wanted to thank Debi for her line by line interpretation of the vet
bill.  I too was stunned that a vet office would even consider charging
for ferretone of all things, but am not knowledgeable enough to respond
to vet bill in it's entirety.

It just makes me so thankful for my vet who doesn't get weird about
billing.  I've been with him for many years and we have a great
relationship.  When I was a college student, all kinds of charges were
"forgotten & left off" of my bill.  I never didn't do something for my
pets because I was afraid I couldn't pay for it, he always made sure I
could.  I've always had the feeling that the most important thing was,
and still is, my pets.

Which brings me to another issue.  I'm an RN, and because of OSHA
standards we have gone to the new safety needles.  I asked what we are
supposed to do with all the "old" needles and the response I got was:
give them to your vet.  They are thrilled to get them.  So I was thinking,
maybe some of the shelters out there may be able to take advantage of this
situation.  There are doctors offices throughout the nation that need to
dispose of their old needles...so if you know of anyone who works in
doctors offices or clinics.... Good luck.

Holly