From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:09:22 -0900
I'm so happy to be back with the FML after a 2 1/2 year break!  My ferret
population has changed and grown during that time.  I lost Oliver this
summer, my sweet, gentle old soul, and I've acquired 4 more.

I am currently ferret sitting an additional 4 ferrets in my home.  One of
them is as lazy as lazy gets, but I'm not certain that he isn't sick in
some way.  I kicked him out of the cage the other day so that I could give
it a thorough cleaning and launder all the bedding and he immediately
found and curled up into a towel on the floor and fell asleep.  I haven't
really seen him eat (although all her ferrets eat in the middle of the
night, waking me up and driving me crazy, so I haven't seen any of them
eat, but the food is disappearing).  She (owner) says that he actually
gets bed sores from laying in bed all the time and her vet has looked at
him - no special care needed.  Any ideas?  He is so lethargic I'm not even
sure if he is a ferret!  He doesn't look healthy either, but I can't say
why, he just doesn't.  I have him for another 3 weeks & I'd really like
him to look better when he goes home.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Holly
(P-bear, Perrin, Tassie, Buddy & Wheelie and the visiting Spaz, Cocoa,
Jasmine & Slink)