From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 21:11:24 -0400
Great news from Rep Brad Jones today.  Rep. Jones called to let us know that
he had Rep. Thomas Finneran in his office.  He gave him a book on Ferrets and
spoke to him regarding House Bill 295.  Rep. Finneran said that he will have
it voted on either this Monday or Tuesday.  If this goes thru House Ways and
Means, it will go into the Committee of the Third Reading of the House.
Judging from Rep. Jones' attitude today, it should pass!

Thanks to all for your help and support, I knew our efforts would pay off!  I
realize that this is just one more step along the way to the Governors desk,
but this is important since, we have not been voted down yet.  I'm keeping
all my fingers and paws crossed!

I asked Rep. Jones what he needs from us.  He said to please keep up the
telephone and letter writing campaign.  We should keep on the House Ways and
Means Committee until they do vote on this.  There is always the chance that
this could not occur on Mon or Tues so it is important we keep at it with them!

FYI:  The reps that are in the Committee of the Third Reading are:

Rep. David B. Cohen, Newton, Chairman (617) 722-2380
Rep. Carol A. Donovan, Woburn, Vice Chairman (617) 722-2692
Rep. Robert Kraus, Kingston (617) 722-2120

Rep. Donovan is in the House Ways and Means Committee also.
If you know of anyone who resides in these towns,  please have them get in
touch with these reps.  I've learned that its best if they hear from their
constituents.

If the numbers I posted are not right, you can try to call the Bills in the
Third Reading # (617) 722-2410 or write to them at:

Rep. ----
State House
Boston, MA   02133-1054

Also, anyone from out of state who has relatives, co-workers, friends etc.
here in MA, please contact them and have them contact their local Reps.  That
would be greatly appreciated.  Again, thanks for all your help.  Will post as
soon as I know any more updates.