From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 08:19:05 -0400
May 8
It is with a heart of stone that I write this.  I never imagined it would
be about my darling little baby silver mitt, Sterling.

About 4 months ago, I received a call about a ferret that was wandering
around outside.  I went to pick her up and found the most beautiful,
charming silver mitt female.  I brought her home and told my husband, dont
fall in love, someone will surely claim her.  I advertised in the paper, I
called the pound, I posted flyers.  No one ever claimed her.  I kept her
and named her Sterling.  She was my little uptown ferret.

Her favorite things to do were to raid the laundry basket of all of the
socks.  She would take them one by one and dance them over to her hidey
hole with her head held high.  Once she got every sock moved, she would
move them all to her other hidey hole, one by one.  Always prancing and
always with her head held high.  She was also very protective of a little
fuzzy squeaky toy.  If you squeaked it she would come running and get very
anxious.  I think she thought you were hurting a kit.

My husband opened a window in the ferret room to run a drop cord.  He
forgot to close the window.  He only made a tiny hole in the screen but I
quess Sterling made it bigger.  I did not check the windows cause they are
never open.  This particular window was covered up partway by my headboard
also.  When I let the ferrets out, I was playing my usual game of tag with
Big Fun when it dawned on me that I had not seen Sterling in awhile.  I
squeeked her little toy and nothing.  I got worried and started looking
everywhere.  That is when I noticed the window.  I ran outside with the
squeek toy and the treat can and was calling and calling.  My husband was
helping.  He went in the back yard where we keep a rescue wolf hybrid and
our chow.  Our wolf, Naki, found Sterling before we did.  It was too late.

Sandee, please direct Sterling to a pile of socks to cart back and forth.
Please ask the Big Guy if He can make her a little fuzzy squeeky toy to
give her to protect.  My husband buried her without it.  I was hysterical
and was not funcitoning.  And please show her the ropes.  I never had the
chance to tell her about the Bridge.

In Tears,

Karen, Jubilee, Big Fun, Rinkydink, Noble and Blaze and very upset husband