From:
Tiana Guinard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 20:01:02 -0500
This post is in reply to all of those who have questioned the allocation of
finances to Jean Smith's vet account and to her personally.

In my opinion, this woman has been through hell and back with this
experience.  I lost one ferret earlier this year, and it was indescribably
heartwrenching.  I absolutely cannot imaging losing so many, and not even to
a natural death but to a completely preventable brutal act of violence.

It seems to me that Jean is deserving of a little sympathy and charity.  I'm
sending her a few dollars -- and I don't care what it is put towards.  If my
money helps her by paying off a previous vet bill, that is fine with me --
the main idea is that it HELPS her.

Of course, helping the ferrets still alive is just as important an objective
as is helping Jean.  But the way I see it, even if her previous debts are
paid off by a few bucks I've sent, won't that still facilitate more care for
these poor ferrets in the future?

Just a thought.

*Tiana.
Calixta, Scotch, and Taz: "C'mon Mom!  Let's take a road trip to
        Washington!  We'll cheer that lady up, and her furries too!"