From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 20:52:37 -0500
The Utah Incident:
I would like to add at this point, and I have seen like incidents come up
previously, now is not the time to instill a guilt complex into an
individual who has gone through such a horrid experience.  At the time
of a tragedy, a person does not deserve more heaped on their shoulders
because they did not handle their ferrets the way another person does.

Please readers, when you hear the news of something like this, have
compassion, don't take it as another opportunity to get your point across.
For my part, I will be in there writing and calling and my girls will be
running the rooms they are allowed in, not caged everytime I go through the
door.  I take EXTRA precautions to make sure they are safe, that's my duty
as a pet owner, I don't cage them because it is easier to take care of them
that way.  I pray I never experience what she has, but if I do, I will know
my part was an accident.  If others prefer to cage theirs, so be it, but
they don't love any deeper than I love my darlings.

Millie and the cleaning crew
Easy Off - the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia - what'd I say I would do if I heard that word, I'm gonna .....
what's that, what'll I have to do if I upchuck? GRANDMA, you wouldn't
Cascade:  the Observer (I got the rymthum, she comes in at the right, I
dodge to the left, she moves to the left, I dodge to the right, piece of
cake
Ajax - yet to come - Mama, is that how adult ferrets act?