From:
Judith Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 13:31:59 EST
About mink as pets - when I was a little kid in Alaska I recall seeing a
mink kept as a pet.  It was very hyper, and not particularly willing to be
picked up, even by the guy who'd raised it from a kit.  This mink was found
in the wild and therefore acted reasonably "sane." The mink I've seen on fur
farms are absolutely "nuts," hardly surprising since they've been bred only
for the quality of their pelts for many generations.

If anyone is really interested in getting to know wild animals, check into
what it takes to become a qualified wildlife rehabilitator.  I'm sure it's a
lot of work!  For what it's worth, baby beaver are extremely agreeable
"house guests" - maybe because they're colony dwellers?  Ultimately,
however, their specialized diet gets to be a real pain!