From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:25:34 -0700
Oh, now you've done it... we've started a whole new thread.

When we got our two kits in 2000, we had forgotten how crazy young
ferrets are.  They got into the bathroom (where they were allowed, but
discouraged) and up into the toilet (we'd neglected to close it).  They
were splashing around, happy as could be.  My husband reached for them to
pull them out (and give them a bath, of course).  The sable male came out
with no problem, but the little albino female decided she was having too
much fun for her daddy to stop.  So she dove for the "tunnel" in the
bottom of her swimming pool.  He just barely caught her by the tail and
pulled her out enough to grab her properly and remove her from danger.

But we could not imagine what we could have done if she had actually
gotten into the drain.  We have a concrete slab that our drain pipes
run through, instead of them running into a basement where we might have
been able to access them.

Debbie