Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 03:54:26 -0400
I am a couple days behind on my FML reading, but I wanted to jump in on
this topic.

We had gone to a pet store right after Christmas several years ago.
There was a beautiful DEW there who gave us all kinds of kisses on our
fingers when we went over to her.  The guy at the store said he could
believe it.  They had been trying to sell her for 4 months and she
couldn't be handled without gloves.  We went home, and the next day,
my husband got up and said, "We have to go get her", so we bought her,
brought her home, and named her Jennifer (later shortened to Jenna).
She was very very stinky and she was covered in poop as they didn't take
care of her at the pet store at all as they were afraid of her, so we
decided it was bath time.  Well, she wasn't keen on that idea.  I was
holding her and just turned the water on, and she latched on to my right
index finger and buried her tooth in my finger.  Couldn't see her tooth
anymore, and she hit the nerve causing a pins and needles sensation in
addition to the awesome pain I was feeling.  I maintained composure as
har d as it was (it really really hurt!!!) and I just started speaking
very softly to her, and I brought her close to my neck and just started
nuzzling her and speaking gently.  My husband wanted to pry her jaw open,
but I wanted to try it my way first.  After about a minute, she finally
let go, and just stared into my eyes for about 30 seconds.  She let me
bathe her after I bandaged myself up, and she never ever bit me again.
She gave more kisses than any ferret I have had.  Guess I had to prove
myself trustworthy to her.  And the pins and needles sensation stopped
after only a year and 1/2.  (Only?!?)  All that is left is a tiny white
spot on my finger.

Mama misses you, Jenna girl.

Sincerely,
Kelly White