Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:30:19 EST
I am in the middle of playing a computer game called Murder on the
Orient Express. This was also a book by Agatha Christie. In it, there
is a famous detective that must solve a most perplexing mystery.

This morning, after all were fed, litter boxes cleaned, and much
cavorting through tubes, I headed for the closet to put on my shoes.
I felt like I was in my computer as the detective in the game I am
playing. All of my many shoes had utterly disappeared...(and then
there were none.)

I adopted two older ferrets about 2 weeks ago, and am pleased to write
that the way too skinny Goober has put on 10 ounces, and the little
girl Ginger has 4 more ounces to her. They are learning how to scamper
through the rooms and hidey holes so they will be able to escape the
clutches of Mini-Me if they ever have the misfortune to meet her,
discovering their way under various furniture in the house, and gaining
the strength to climb up the coarse blankets I leave out to run up to
the couch and bed and chairs. Not to be outdone, Bisquit is teaching
them how to poop on the floor.

But, alas!!! Someone is a MAJOR thief. Heavy nurse shoes have been
dragged great lengths and stashed in various rooms. I am, as the
detective in this game, suspicious that the bigger ferret Goober is
the guilty party. I accuse no one. But I do not believe that the most
petite Ginger has the strength for such a massive undertaking. But who
knows. Women, zey can be most deceptive.

I have conjectured that this must have been done as I was sleeping and
they were free roaming the living room, dining room, laundry room, and
den. I interrogated all the other ferrets, and they chattered to me
that they were locked in the bedroom. I believe the thief used his or
her teeth in this heist, as I find small punctures in a number of the
white leather shoes. The cats might be trying to make the new animals
in the house look bad. We cannot rule this out. They slink around
looking most guilty.

What terrific fun to own such intellegent and funny animals. It does
not really matter who has stolen the shoes. I just find it highly
entertaining and amusing. I cannot imagine living without these animals
in my life.

Uzing zooz leetle gray cells to stay one step ahead of my fuzzy family,

Lisette