Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:34:17 EST
Hello all. There is a beautiful snow falling here. With bursting joy in
my heart, I know that Bisquit is safely sleeping in the living room. I
wish to thank everyone for their messages of relief and understanding.
The heavy sorrow and nauseousness of last week has been replaced by
busy hands and lots of play time.

First...I need to thank the nurse on the FML that wrote me about my
mother about 2 months ago. I passed the info onto my family, and it
moved my brother to allow my mom to see another Dr. who quickly placed
her in the hospital for multiple tests. She clearly did have congestive
heart failure, and the months and months of hacking hours of coughing
have ended due to her medical regime. I cannot thank you enough.

Second, I thank all the well wishers and people as thrilled as I was by
this unbelievable incident of Bisquit surviving. If it was not for all
the readings on the FML about people calling the police and placing
notices, I would never have thought to call. It was all too hopeless to
believe a ferret could have survived the freezing snow storm and all
the wild cats and racoons around here.

I would like to say the Bisquit mourned me greatly, and starved himself
in sadness. He was in a stupor when I first held him. But he was
actually chubbier than ever eating some ferret food from the 5 ferrets
that had been left at the shelter. No one at the shelter remembers what
the name of the kibble was. Darn.

Third, I wish to thank Zoo for her ongoing advice. The little ones I
just adopted are very thin despite eating this apparently high calorie
kibble. I can clearly see the hip bones protruding on one. There is no
muscle or fat. Just bone. The other has been grinding her teeth. She is
SO tiny and thin...she stunned me this morning, by actually squeezing
under one of the bed room doors.

I am obviously doing multiple soup feedings. Zoo, I am on my way now to
fetch all you recommended.

And Zoo...thank you for that clever little ball that makes sounds and
words when it moves. I thought of you at all hours of the night and
early morning. It is humorous the first dozen or so times it wakes me
up. It means the little adopted ones I let free roam last night are out
and playing as I sleep. I like knowing that. Yawn.

For the ferrets,
Lisette

God Bless the kind and huge hearts on this ferret list.
Lisette