From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:11:41 -0700
Back in the olden days, B.F.( before ferrets) I lived near Waukesha,
Wisconsin, out in the country. My nearest neighbors across the road
were the Kuenzi family. John was a veterinarian, and was a prime mover
for Wisconsin to establish a veterinary school at the university. He
and his wife "V" had three children and adopted three others. Time
passed, we moved to Janesville, then later to out here in the desert.
The Kuenzi children grew up, went to school, etc. Several also became
veterinarians and worked in the family clinic which John built.
Unfortunately I just found out that one son, Calvin, recently was
killed in some accident. I don't have details so am not sure. The
memorials on his obituary page are tributes to a great and
compassionate veterinarian. There were two other siblings who also died
tragically in the past. This must be a very trying time for the family.
While most of the tributes refer to their animals meet Dr. Cal in
Heaven I'm sure he will visit the Rainbow Bridge and see many of his
patients there where they are all frolicking in the meadows and be
healthy again.

Bridge Greeters, please roll out the red carpet for a very special
visitor, Dr. Calvin Kuenzi. There should be a lot of doggy and ferret
kisses to meet him. And maybe a cat lick or two.

Here is the link to the obituary for Calvin

<http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=calvin-b-kuenzi&pid=138349181>

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends,Inc.
Tucson AZ

[Moderator's note: The Bridge Greeters on the FML don't usually get
to meet up with the humans at the bridge. If word gets to another
greeter on the human side it will be mentioned here, but that doesn't
always happen. BIG]