From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:20:46 -0700
Marie, hospital underpads are the best! I learned this from the Ferret
Nook and now use them in my own cages. They can get pretty filthy but
wash well in the HE washer. I do find it helps to scrape off heavy soil
( poops) and the spray the heavily discolored areas with Clorox Cleanup
and also use bleach in the wash.

I used to buy from someone who had an eBay store selling used pads but
he's not there anymore so have tried from a different vendor. It sure
beats buying them new. Another thing to use on the floor would be a
double thickness of flannel sewn together or a piece of mattress pad
with hem binding sewn over the raw cut edges.

Carol J. Owens