From:
Amber Boyher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:02:26 -0600
I move into a new apartment on March 31st, problem is it has a fireplace.
Does anyone have any suggestions on ferret proofing a fireplace?  More than
likely they will remain in my bedroom and not in the living room, but they
do tend to let themselves out while I'm away at work.  So just to be on the
safe side I'm going to ferret proof everything.

Next question, I was cleaning out the fuzzies litter box last night and
noticed blood in it.  Anyone have any ideas on what this could be a sign
of?  I noticed it awhile back (several months ago) but didn't think
anything of it, it looks as if there is only one incident of it in the
box.  I'm not sure which ferret it exactly came from, but believe that it
was Mr. Fuzz my 5 year old male.  He did come down with ECE less than a
year ago, and lost more than half of his body weight, but I was under the
impression that he was fully recovered.  Could this be a sign of some
stomach ulcers (resulting from ECE) that weren't treated?  He seems to be
in fairly good health, although he does get tired after about 10 minutes,
but I chalked that up to him getting old.  I plan on taking them to the vet
in another month or so, but would love to hear anyone's suggestions.  If it
is something of concern I'd like to know what kind of treatment there might
be, or what kind of tests that the vet might need to run.

Also does anyone know of any shelters in the Houston, Texas area?  I have
a couple of cages that I'm thinking about donating.  Thanks guys.

May luck be with all of you with sick and injured fuzzies.

Amber