From:
Amber Boyher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:19:39 -0600
I just recently subscribed to this newsletter, and have both enjoyed and
learned something from the questions that are posted daily.  Keep up the
good work guys.

I know someone out there will be able to answer a couple of questions
that I have.  First off let me provide a little background about me and
my fuzz balls.  I have two 5 year old ferrets, male (Mr. Fuzz) and female
(Pandora), both neutered and descented, which I obtained from a pet store
when they were probably about 2 or three months old.  Both are spoiled
bundles of energy and joy, however chaotic they may be at times.  (If you
only saw the carpet in my apartment!)

Which leads me to my first question, Corner Proofing your house, anyone
have any ideas?  Although they are very well behaved when it comes to using
the litter box when they are caged, they are not when they are let out of
their cage, and as it is right now, I have stains in corners that won't
come up.  While I'm working on the litter training , I don't want the new
apartment I'm moving into to get in as bad a shape as the one I'm in right
now.

Next question I read a post previously, of course I can't find the exact
message anymore, about ferret foods and that fish products tend to increase
the smelliness.  So what are the thoughts on Marshall Farms Food?  I'm
working on getting a sample of Totally Ferret sent to me, and if anyone
knows of any pet stores in the Houston, TX area that sell it let me know.
I don't know if anyone else's ferrets smell as bad as mine, but mine do
tend to smell pretty awful at times.  And yes, before anyone asks, I do
change the litter box and linens every other day.

One more question for now, a year ago Mr. Fuzz was diagnosed with ECE,
(brought in by my room mates ferret), and the vet that I took him to
Prescribed the normal IV Injections, Flagyl and Nutrical.  Now both fully
recovered from ECE, they love Nutrical, would it in anyway harm them as a
treat every once in awhile?

Well thanks in advance for anyone with any suggestions

Amber

(Bad days don't exist when you have fuzz balls)