From:
Mark Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 12:05:07 -0600
Well I made the 11 hour trip to and from North Carolina with no problems.
Thanks to everyone for there advice on how to make the trip less stressful.
Both Bob ans Marmot slept most of the way, Bob Styed awake awhile and looked
around to make sure everything was OK (he is very protective of me) and then
settled right down.  They made many new friends on their arrival and I think
the state of NC may have several new ferret slaves before too long.

Before I left I bought some pedialyte pops and mixed the liquid half and
half with water and then froze them in ice cube trays, I replaced them a few
times on the trip and they never made much of a mess.  Bob decided to take a
cool treat onto the hammock with him so he could lick it while he was lying
down, we have a big blue spot on his hammock but he really liked it.

I was very worried about heat and dehydration and this seemed like a good
method to combat both.

Again I wanted to thank everyone for their advice.
Mark Bob and Marmot