From:
"Jeff, Roseann, Lenny & Trixie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:02:59 EST
Hi Dawn and everyone else,
I tried to email you directly but got an error message so here goes.  Our
1st ferret Lenny never had a problem, we have the big square litter pan &
we use the recycled newspaper litter.  Then we got Trixie.  She was good
for about 3 months then she decided that "this litterpan isn't big enough
for the both of us" and started to go at the base of the ramp.  We have a
three level cage and my husband Jeff decided to carpet all floors and
ramps, what a mess she made on the first floor.  We tried scrubbing,
changing carpets even put a toy there and she went next to it.  We couldn't
take it anymore so we ordered a custom commode from "For Ferrets Only"
located in Miami Florida.  Their number is 305.378.8877.  It is a clear
acrylic litter pan that is custom sized to fit the width of your cage.  I'm
not sure what kind of cage you have but they could send you a pamphlet that
shows the commode.  It cost us approx $45.00 for a 24inch pan.  We bought
new carpeting for the floor and ramp, scrubbed the cage wires where she was
going, and we had to move the ramp to the back of the cage going up.  It
was a lot of work but it paid off, especially when you consider to cost of
a new cage.  We placed her blanket at the base of the ramps new location
and we bought "Good Boy" housebreaking aid for puppies and put a drop in
each corner of the litter pan, just a drop this stuff stinks.  I'm sure any
brand would do.  The pet store owner recommended it.  It's been about a
year and no accidents.  We use it in all our litter pans around the house.
We were going to stop using the drops but we didn't want to take any
chances.  I hope this info helps.  I also enjoyed the Robert Smith quote..

Regards and love to all little fuzzies
Roseann my Lennylove & Trixie baby girl