From:
Leslie Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 09:49:05 -0400
We as "online" consumers have to always be careful about what we buy
and the potential consequences of the purchase. I live 2 hours from the
nearest Mall and 1/2-hour from the nearest Shopping Center so I do a
lot of online shopping and have learned to ALWAYS read the disclaimers
and return policy. Not that I agree with Ferret.com's stand on giving
NO refund for food items, I thought I'd play devil's advocate. The
Ferret.com website has this disclaimer in print on their mainpage
about returning items. Here's what it says about items that can NOT
be returned:

Certain items may be subject to a handling and restocking fee. Due to
safety standards and other regulations, we cannot accept returns for
the following categories: DVD, CD, Books, Maps, Computer Software,
Undergarments, Food Items, Special Orders (non-stock or large
quantities of in-stock items) or Discontinued Items.

This being the case, this company has the right not to offer a refund
based on the fact that they have "warned" consumers in writing that
we purchase food items at our own risk. But WE DON'T HAVE TO BUY FROM
THEM! And for those of us that do like to buy from Ferret.com, we can
petition them to adopt a better policy. Just like Petco, this company
can return bad food to their manufacturer for a refund. Petco does
this and passes the refund back to the consumer. I spoke to someone at
FerretDepot.com this morning and she told me they would "replace" a bad
food item entirely at their expense. Ferret.com can certainly to do the
same. But it will take "the voice" of the Ferret Community to spark
such change. I'm sure there are shelters, and ferret owners in general,
that order frequently enough from this company that they'd be heard,
as well as the folks in charge of the American Ferret Association, of
which Ferret.com claims to be "a proud supporter" of. As for me, the
folks at Ferret.com will soon know that I won't be purchasing their
"foods items" until their refund policy changes. I can't afford the
risk!

Leslie