From:
Leslie Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 21:48:57 -0400
Over the years, I have seen posts asking for a the referral of a good
Veterinarian in the Asheville/Western N.C. area and have seen the name
Lee Bolt of Sweeten Creek Vet Hospital come up repeatedly. I live an
hour and half (one way) from Asheville so my local vet has been my
go-to guy for years for general check-ups, implants, etc. When my
4-year-old Sassy started developing an enlarged spleen this Spring, he
was okay with doing X-rays and an ultrasound but didn't think there was
any more he could do. Over 4 months, Sassy gained a full pound as the
spleen continued to expand so I go to my Vet with one last appeal. I
thought he was going to have a cow when I suggested a splenectomy so
I went home with a disk of X-rays and a referral.

Long story short, 3 closer Vets later and a lot of wasted time and
money, I finally end up on Dr. Bolt's doorstep. It took him about 3
seconds of looking over the disc of X-ray's to look at me and say
"guess we'd better rip that sucker out, eh?!" This past Thursday,
Sassy had a very successful surgery to remove her "massive" spleen, as
well as a nodule that Dr. Bolt found on her pancreas "while shopping
around", he called it, after he had the spleen out. The full night and
next day post-op care had everyone at the clinic falling in love with
my Sassy... 4 techs and 2 front office ladies all had to fuss over her
and say good-bye as I was trying to leave the clinic.

Every ferret-owned mom and dad that has gone through a surgery like
this knows they're NOT cheap, by any stretch of the imagination, but
the quality of the surgery, post-op care and follow up contact Sassy
has gotten from the amazing folks at Sweeten Creek Vet Hospital has
made me feel absolutely no remorse over a single penny of what it cost
me. These folks are worth their salt! Sassy's recovery over the past
3-days has been nothing short of miraculous and I commend Dr. Bolt and
his knowledgeable and caring staff for work well done!! Don't ever
hesitate to continue to recommend this wonderful clinic to anyone who
asks.

Leslie