From:
FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 07:58:12 -0800
Lisa, Head Ferret, said:

>...anyway, the tumor was a leftie, but the biggest I have ever >seen!  (My
>vet saves them for me - I think to gross out my SO heeheehee) The tumor was
>the size of a quarter around and about the same height!

Lisa, I thought you might find this interesting.  When I was at my vets
office a few months ago, he pointed out a quart canning jar with an object
in it.  The item looked just like a lobster tail in size and with the
ridges.  It was about 4-5 inches long, 2 inches wide, and about 1-1.5
inches thick.

Yup.  It was an adrenal tumor.  Two weeks later I met the ferret who
sported this monster.  It was a rather long, 7 year old female who hid the
tumor well (just like a tall woman hides a pregnancy).  Last time I heard,
she was doing fine!

     -Carla