Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:43:39 EST
Concerning Sandra and her devastating experience:

The writings back and forth concerning the ferrets that passed, and the
when I read this mornings FML. . I felt that I HAD to write all of you
to thank you for how gentle you were when Bisquit got in the dryer.
*THANK YOU.*

I STILL have to open the dryer door in the middle of a cycle...not
all the time anymore. But I still get a sense of panic. I had had an
emergency fight or flight situation concerning my mother, the hospital,
nursing home, moving company, and family when I did not pay due
diligence a few years back. And Bisquit would have died without the
help of friends Gregg and Zoo. They saved his life.

My need to thank all of you also brought to mind something important.
No One had to rub my face in my lack of total control in that moment
I left the dryer door open. I have the error etched in my memory and
fears. Thank you all for your kindness and concern those years ago
when I lifted out an unconscious Bisquit...body bloody and steaming.
STEAMING.

I don't think the shelter mom Sandra will ever forget the occurrence at
her home either. I COULD be wrong. And I do not in any way want Kim to
think I am being facetious. I promise I am not, Kim. I do not know you.

HOWEVER? When something truly ugly happens to one of the little ones we
so love... I do not think it is something that we can mentally or
emotionally brush under the carpet. Maybe another person who abused
animals or had no sense of responsibility or ........

You get the point, I hope.

Some years ago, I screamed at my nephew for leaving a screen door open.
I really scared him. I was terribly afraid he would or could have let
a ferret out. I explained that afterwords. But I traumatized him. He
never wanted to stay at my house again after that. I have wondered
occasionally over the years what I could have done or said differently
in the spur of the moment when I reacted as I did. We can look back
and say...I wish, I would, if only... I am certain Sandra has had such
thoughts. It is part of the reason she shared with us, Her FML family.

Anyway... I thank you all again for your kindness when I needed it
most.

Lisette