From:
Andrea Franzini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:22:54 -0400
i have two of them.  in comparison to MF:

-Path Valley does not test on ferrets or sell to labs or whatever.
-PV ferrets are shipped out very young as well.  (4-5 weeks old)
-Of my two PV ferrets: one is deaf (albino white and brown patches) other
 one (Mitt) has a serious depth perception problem.
-Shipped better than MF ferrets:  they come with fresh water, mush food and
 detailed instruction on how to care for such a young baby.  It is up to
 the petstore to give this handy info. which they probably "forget" to give.
-very FAT babies, smooshed faces, look like kittens more than ferrets.
 Just a comment.  It's kinda funny.
-From a petstore perspective:  PV CANNOT keep up with petstore demand.
 They are also color blind (my bro's petstore asked for a mitt, a darkeyed
 white and a silver.  They got: a blaze (no mitts) a albino, and a funky
 black baby with a pink nose and a white line going down its face and back
 (skunky?)
-MF sends you a box of ferrets, you hand pick what you want.  If you want a
 specific color, it costs extra, but they send you EXACTLY what you order

-PV has no health guarentees (as far as the paperwork and store told me)

-MF has a one year genetic health warrenty.  If you find something wrong
 with your ferret, they send you a new ferret!  (smacks whoever came up
 with that idea.) Actually, i whined to them that that policy is
 unconsiderate and people actually get attached to their pets.  They sent
 me a check for $350 to pay for my ferrets biopsy since the tumor turned
 out to be cancerous and deadly and my ferret was under a year old when we
 found this out.
-I don't know if this makes any sense, but it is something i have noticed
 and recorded from the PV ferrets that come into my bro's store as well as
 5 other surrounding petstores that sell PV ferrets: The babies are very
 bit-ie.  I know most kits bite, but i leave my # as a contact for the
 people that buy ferrets and have questions, and they have noted that PV
 ferrets have serious attitude problems in comparison to their MF and other
 ferrets.  I cannot count my deaf kid in this, but the one with the DP
 issue continues to be rather aggressive after 6 months of TLC.  He scuffs
 the other ferrets and draws blood within a second.  WE'VE tried everything
 to tame him.  He gets along fine with his 2 cagemates, but refuses to
 intergrate with all 7 other kids.  WE continue to try, though.  He's a
 lovebug to humans, but scruffs and shakes viciously to other kids.  *sigh*
 This is only a small portion of PV ferrets that i have this info on, SO
 DON"T TAKE IT AS PV FERRETS ARE BAD.  I just wanted to make note and see
-MF: two blue tattoo's in ear.  PV: ...nope. no markings.
-MF and PV both alter and descent their ferrets before shipping

Well, thats my scoop on Path Valley.  I know there are other people out
there with PV ferrets and i'd love to hear from you!  All in all, these are
nice fuzzies packed with love and adorable pudgie faces.  I just think the
attitude area needs a little help.  Maybe the petstores are to blame.  i
dunno.

andrea and the 10 kleptos,
pookie: I'm really sleepy.  Just let me sleep.
merv: i'm an idiot, la la la.
lucy: put one more bow on me and lose a hand
dakota: stealer of squeakers *sigh*
sharkie: pick a name for me and stick with it. (you can't hear me, so what
does it matter?)
Laverne and Shirley: Live with you permanently! YES!
Cybil: dainty, cute, i poopie where you cant see me
skrappy: big fat cute dumb
razkal: where'd that wall come from?  Really, he stuck his neck in my mouth,
i swear!