From:
Karri Knutson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:25:15 -0400
hello,

What a bad day I'm having.  I came home, no one was home then my friend came
over.  She wanted to take a picture of Loki Xowa (my kit).  So i took him
out, and he had like dried poop all over his butt, dried to it.  It wasn't
there last night.  It looked like he pooped in his sleep or something and it
dried, but anyways..  I tried to wipe it off, didnt work so i soaked him in
the tub.  When i finally got it all off, his butt was so raw it was
bleeding, I put a little neosporn on it.

After all that my friend and I went and sat down, the my dog came in and
threw up everywhere!!  After that was finally cleaned up, we were joking
around about which animal was gonna get sick next.  Then Ceezer started
hacking away, probally had a furball or something.  After my friend left my
ma came home w/ my sister in law and nieces.  They were at the med center
because Ona bit my neice's finger so bad it needed stitches.  When I went
outside to see where they went, the 1st thing my ma said to me was You'll be
getting a call from the Health Department.  Then she told me where they were
and why.  Now she says they didnt say anything to her or my sister in law.
But I dont know what to do....I guess i'm just gonna have to just sit and
wait to see what happens.  I know Ona isnt rabid, but she does bite other
people, thats why no one is allowed by her.  I guess what happened was that
my sister in law was playing w/ my computer and wasn't watch her kids, like
usual, and my 2yr old neice, who does know not to put her fingers in the
cage, stuck her fingers in Ona's cage.  I wasnt home at the time so i wasnt
keeping track of where anyone was.  The ferret's cages are kept in the comp
room so no one does that.  They, well ona, is never allowed out by other
people, especially them.  And little kids arent allowed in that room.
Because of one time I am not home, and my stupid sister in law isnt watching
her kids, and she's in the ferret room, I may now loose my baby.  What am I
gonna do???

If the health department or someone does come for Ona, I dont have to give
her up w/ out a warrant right???  Damn Michigan laws!!

karri