Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:09:49 -0400
Well not super clever or wily, but I'm sure they were pleased with
themselves.

Unknown to me, the bottle of ferretone located on a wire mesh shelf in the
ferret room (out of ferret reach, but conveniant for MY reach for toe-nail
clipping) had developed a leak.  I guess the plastic seam in the bottle gave
way and the contents has been slowly dripping on the floor for some time.
Slowly enough, that until last week, I didn't notice the leak when I took
the bottle down for weekly clipping.  Consistantly enough that the Fab 4 was
getting a nice dose of ferretone daily AND keeping the floor immaculate in
one little area.

Boy were they bummed when I tossed that bottle with the last 1/2" of
ferretone!

About dogs.  Our dog, a sweet cocker/mutt really would like to play with the
ferrets.  She gives the GIRLS kisses and trys to engage them in play.  Our
Teenage Hob is another story.  He'd like to eat poor Bitte for breakfast.
Any dog/Sluggo interactions result in Sluggo trying to attack Bitte.  Bitte
is actually smart enough to know the difference between ferrets as she trys
to avoid Sluggo, but will Sluggo ever grow out of this dog attacking
behavior, even when he is fixed?

Ann