From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:14:04 EDT
Hello all

Some of you may remember the Jen Morrison/Layton Utah rescue.  The
woman was a hoarder, and a hundred fourty some ferrets had to be resued
quickly.  If you listened to the tape of the trial, you would have heard
that a police man who was amoung the first entering the condo where all
these ferrets were crammed was so ill from the scene before him and the
stench that he had to leave the condo..unable to do his duty.

I am writing because some time ago, a sanctuary in Illinois was
apparently believed to be run by a hoarder.  I was lucky enough to
spend a large part of the day at this sanctuary.

This place - Zoo Sanctuary - is clean, organized, and ferret specific.
The woman running it is knowledgable and loving.  The ferrets are well
cared for...given meds, feedings, plenty of play time in a large room
filled with lots of fun toys.

When it comes time for a secret Santa...if that is being done again this
year, OR if anyone wants to try and help this Sanctuary...I just want to
tell you all that I was there to see this place.

This is an immaculate, well run, lovely home for ferrets that have been
abandoned.  Zoo has her hands full with the ferrets she has now..fourty
some sweet hearts that I spent half a day playing with.  I am NOT
advocating sendiing any more there.  Her cup is currently full.

But when or if someone wishes to be of service to the Zoo Sanctuary, I
just wanted to stand up now before you all to say I have been there.
And it is a ferret haven run by a skilled, diligent, hard working woman.

This home is a haven for ferrets that were unwanted and starved and
ill and/or old.  It is in Illinois, and called Zoo Sanctuary.  Please
remember it in a positive light...or ask to visit there yourself.