Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 22:17:27 EST
Thanks to Heather for the MF info.  That took a lot of time to write out
for newbies.  I know full well.

Personally, I have one of the MF ferrets that came in so tiny, his eyes
were not opened yet.  The vet did not hold out much hope Sunny would
survive.  It happened at another Petco store here around the same time.
provided info on this to anyone who wanted to call the store and verify
this.

One does not have to love or even like PETA.  They have provided info to
help animals.  If MF found the info concerning them damaging AND
false-they would need to sue Peta.  I have not read anywhere of this.
This does NOT speak well of MF.

They wanted to have a site for puppies.  No one wanted them.  So they
tried to go out of the country.  That countries people revolted such an
action.  I believe it was France.  MF really needed to sue PETA if they
could show what a caring and safe place they have.  They did not do this
to the best of my knowledge.

Peta has gone too far at times and broken the law, and they have made
statements that are not true.  I have written and spoken with some of the
key people there.  They do what they must in a world that has little to no
respect for the life of animals.  They do what they must in a world that
does not play by the rules all too often..  That is how the people I spoke
to felt.  No.  They are not perfect.  But they are not motivated by greed
or the bottom dollar.  And they have made significant contributions to aid
animals.

My thought is that if what they have discovered, and others BESIDES PETA
have written is false-MF should have sued them big time.  They have the
money for it.  But even their vet of one time discussed how bad things
there were in a newspaper article.  Look it up in the archives.

It is not bashing to discuss a problem.  I was frankly taken aback by the
term MF bashing.  I found "bashing" in the person who was name calling
during the debate concerning MF a year or so ago.  Only information that
could be substantiated was to be presented.  But this is not what was
allowed.  Now That was deliberate "bashing"

*Don't forget that MF murders the mothers of your MF ferrets while
deciding how you feel about them.  The mother of your MF baby was
murdered, or will be murdered by MF.  This is according to the vet who
worked there: a vet who is relatively famous, as she has written several
books on ferrets.

I don't know about the other farms.  I did not find any info about them.
It is utterly unacceptable no matter who is doing it in my opinion.*