From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:11:23 -0500
I was discussing with a KNOWLEDGEABLE friend off-list that some people
don't know that they can't just legally copy things from the FML without
actual permission (nor can they legally take anyone else's work and put
their own names on it, or they might face some very unpleasant results when
someone takes action) and was reminded that many people don't realize is
that an article does NOT require a copyright symbol to be property of the
writer (or whoever paid for the work of the writer in some cases): a very
important concept!  Should have thought to include that; have known it for
sometime since I have written for a living on and off.  A copyright
provides EXTRA protection and an exceedingly firm basis for ownership;
appearing before a large group with authorship known also provides a firm
basis for the authorship.  You all know how careful Bill is about not
having articles quoted without permission; there are GOOD REASONS for his
logic!

Sukie