From:
jeffrey hopko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:23:31 -0800
Mr. Church, could you please comment on the recent 'kibble cooking'
controversy in the FML?  A recent post of mine described a modified
BCSoup recipe using a game hen cooked alone to fall-apart condition.
I then use approx. 1/2 the remaining std.  BCS ingredients and blend
throughly w/o additional cooking.  Will this process lessen the 'loss
of food-value quality' vs. cooking the entire recipe together?

I then add fluid (water and/or electrolyte) for palatability after
nuking a feeding portion, and also give a v. small amount of bee pollen
(something about all essential amino acids...experts pls comment) b4
mixing together.

With this combo My Clyde has recovered quite well from his diarrhoea
episode in early Jan.  His coat is shiny and complete; he is bright,
alert, and (relatively) active.  Clyde still 'tubes', climbs the bed
coverings, and busts around in the closets, but will not light up bonkers
like cage mate Bonnie (both are 4Y0 MF'ers).  He also still has no clue
as to eating on his own since his 'trauma' but still sniffs the dry food
over...could I be over concerned/over feeding?  I do not want Clyde to
spiral down that slippery slope of inactivity/weight loss/appetite loss
he would experience on his own.

Regarding Danielle and Lorelei: immediately give warm baby food cooled
to body-temperature with electrolytic fluid.  I would expect the patient
to eat 10% body weight in food per day via syringe.  Visit an exotic vet.
Cook the Bob Church Soup recipe asap.  Do not give up on your little one
and expect them to recover on their own.  I have helped most of my
fuzzies the best way by making their diet accessible/palatable as much
as possible.  My hairless blind rescue Snowy grew a new full white coat
and regained much mobility and attitude while being fed just chicken or
turkey baby food w/electrolytes (before BCSoup knowledge...)  Do Not Give
Up On Them!

J. Murray DVM: Natural Gold ferret diet: super high protein, super low
carbs?  Could the mfg'r addy be posted, please?

Mrtysmom who asked about ferret stamps: I have some.  My wife says they
are commonly available at crafty type stores.  I can stamp-n'-scan mine
if you help a less fortunate fuzzie somehow.

Hug the fuzzies today, twice.
Missing the Bridge Players: Miss Katt, Susie, Rocky, Calvin, Snowy, Starr
and Hobbes.  Keeping Bonnie+Clyde Forever.