From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:53:43 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/viewdiscussion.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=1013

Turns out that I did remember correctly from the colon cancer work that a
compound in Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory which works well for
the lower GI tract in some species, and Pam gives references in her post.

I already know that some wholistic dogs food and one such cat food appear
to use it, but those same ones used some questionable things, too.  The
ones I saw put together an huge any-which-way mish-mash.  I am curious if
any risks from turmeric are known for ferrets because we have one little
guy who has bad IBD that is kicking up again.  He's bad enough to have
needed two surgeries with pathology and may have another coming up soon.
The best thing for holding him has been Imuran and Biosol, but recently
he is having a nasty flare-up and may have now developed a growth so
hopefully he doesn't have lympho.  If risks don't show up I'd like to
discuss this with his vet as a possible addition to his baby food treats.

I seem to have lost Mary's addy.

Think I'll go look in http://www.pettribune.com, which Mike has
recommended.