From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:24:11 -0400
Lupron: it's neat to hear of so many encountering low prices for Lupron
when the vets have enough ferret using it.  Part of what is going on
here is that we are in one of the nation's most expensive areas (The
Somerset Hills area of NJ) so things like land costs (There was a recent
local newspaper article on 3/4 of an acre in a bad location for it's
residential zoning right next to the driveway to the high school and a
traffic light, with a condemned house that will have to come down at
buyer's expense that is expected to start in bidding at around $350,000,
perhaps starting as high as $400.000.), and taxes are very high here.
(Now you know why we have had a small condo for 17 years.) The only
near-enough hospital with ferret experts also has an owner who has been
really upping costs the last year, but his two best ferret people have
left now to other hospitals so we are traveling to one of those for most
things.

Where are the vets with very low costs for Lupron in NJ?  Southern NJ and
the extreme Northwest?  Just curious.  We actually don't have need right
now.  Warp passed away, and Sevie has a Level 3 A/V Heart Node Block (as
an extremely rare complication from insulinoma -- I have heard of three
others only) so if she starts adrenal symptoms again during her time left
nothing that has any chance of conflicting with her heart meds can be
used.

Who knows where we'll be a year from now with what is happening with
telecommunications and human-computer interactions research now that
those labs are pretty much gone except in name?  Maybe by the time we
ever need Lupron again we'll be where all costs and are lower.

Sukie
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/ (Easily searched FHL archives)
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/ferrethealth (the FHL addy for
several weeks now)