From:
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:57:19 EST
Hello, I'm not sure how to word this post without sounding like I'm
begging, please read and maybe you can help.

Three days ago while I was at work my other half decided to move out.  We
have been having problems and I guess he couldn't deal with it anymore.
The big reason is that I don't have time for him, I work a full time job
and run the ferret shelter.  I do I mostly alone, with a little help now
and them from my friends.  He said al I do is take care of the ferrets, and
talk on the phone about them or at the vets with them, he felt alone and I
think a little jealous.  This situation has put a hardship on the shelter
as he was paying most of the bills and did help with my other rescues, (2
horses and 2 coatimundis).  And it really knocked my self worth right out
the window, trying to function is really a chore right now.  I can't even
seem to think straight.  Yesterday my 13 yr.  old son and I spent 12 hours
cleaning cages, bathing, nail trims, ear cleaning, etc., for the ferrets.
The house smells great!!!  It took my mind off the problems at hand for a
bit.

So heres where I could use some help.  Next week I have 2 adrenal surgeries
to do, one fasting glucose test, another that needs rads and bloodwork,
possible enlarged spleen along with a few other problems.  Oh, and a mass
removal from the side of a ferrets head.  This along with a cancer ferret,
one possible insuloma ferret, ( the fasting glucose is for her).  Plus a
few other minor medical cases here with the ferrets.  When it rains it
pours.  My vet is wonderful, she has left a corporate job and got her own
mobile clinic and she helps me so much I don't want to have to owe her
large amounts of money.  If anyone would or could help with the medical
bills I would be forever grateful.  for the life of me I can't find her
addy but her name is Dr. Jyl rubin and you can send the donations to the
shelter and I can forward them to her, if you would like to talk to her
number is 702-395-2029, I have her permission to post this, and the addy
when I find it.  Any amount will help.

Also I order from the shelter part of the ferret store, so any help there
would be OK too.

I feel awful asking for help, so many have helped with sending me things
for the ferrets already, I just need some help until I can figure out what
to do.  I don't want to close the shelter, thats not an option.  I guess my
boyfriend would move back in...NOT.

well depression is setting in again so I'll sign off for now.

Thanks in advance to all who can help.

Hugs and kisses to all ferrets, and my prayers for the little sick ones.
Maybe I'm crazy but would you give up your ferrets for a man or woman?  I
can't turn my back on these guys, I love them all to much.

To lisette, I have a 8 yrs old ferret that had both adrenals removed and
his spleen in one surgery, he's doing great, he's got a second chance in
life, my old Geezer boy!

CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter
5383 Via De Palma DR.