From:
Mandi Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:59:12 PST
Hi!  My ferret just started scratching under this one door a couple weeks
ago, and I can't get her to stop.  She has been so good till now, I don't
understand it.  I sprayed her with the waterbottle when she did that, and
she'd dance and hop in front of the water because she liked it.  I talked to
someone with ferrets who said to mix some ammonia with the water because
ferrets hate the scent, still diddn't work.I put a sheet under it, she just
move it.  my brother even tried getting a glass of water and dropping a
small amount on her when she scratched at his door, until I made him stop.
That still only kept her for about five minutes.  I picked her up whenever
she started, gave her a very strong No!  and put her down every time she
goes right back.  Now her baby sister has started too, and they are going to
drive me crazy !!!  Last time I posted I got exactly zero replys, so could
someone please please give me some advise!  I love my ferrets, but I can't
let them ruin the rug!!