From:
Tina Tortorelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 15:35:10 EST
To Michelle Matta and other duct tape owners:
Ferrets love the texture of duct tape--I speak from experience.  I have a
refrigerator box for my 1.5 year old female Neely and it was lined with
sticky contact paper for the unavoidable poop and pee in the corners.  Well
she then decided to tear a hole in the contact paper and rip all 4 sheets
off their respective sides.  To keep the contact paper in the box, I used
duct tape to secure the top and sides of each sheet of contact paper...well,
Neely was clever enough to make a step ladder of clawed indentations up the
duct tape strip and crawl right out of the 4.5 foot high box.  I wish I had
a room I could ferret proof in my present apartment, but the apt is too old
and has too many nooks and crannies.  However, being a MA native, I can soon
let my little girl out to play in the REAL world.  Be wary of duct tape,
ferret-lovers!
                                    -Tina

ps= in re: "dooking", I never really experienced a "dook" kind of noise from
Neely--what me and my finace hear is "beeping"...to each his own...