From:
Tina Tortorelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 09:27:05 EST
Hi!  to whoever mentioned their ferret "MacGyver", I recently purchased a
ferret mug from the Pet Supply Depot and the pictured ferret's name is
"MacGyver" Olson (it says picture taken by Warren Olson).  Just wondering if
it was your ferret because that particluar pet name doesn't seem to be very
common.

Also, I would like some suggestions on giving my ferret a better
temperament...Neely, a 1.5 year old spayed female, is very very
rambunctious, hasn't slowed down since birth probably.  I have a 2 tier
cage, PLENTY of toys and things suspended from the tiers, a wicker basket
with a tee-shirt, all that junk.  I and my fiance are gone from 7am-7pm all
day during the week, and I think that the obvious non-human contact is not
making her a very loveable ferret.  She gives kisses, and that's great, but
she's a terror when I put her into her cardboard box (some of you may
remember the contact paper and duct tape fiasco that she gets herself
into--tearing it down and climbing out, CONSTANTLY).  I basically have to
throw away the box because she has torn it up so much and can easily get
out.  I don't have an extra room to ferret proof, and the apartment I love
in is too old with many little nitches to ferret-proof our own bedroom.
Obviously aquariums aren't the answer, but does anyone have any suggestions?

I live in MA so I will have to wait until March 7th to let her out for walks
(which may actually make her a happier camper, hm?).  If a cardboard box
won't do, any other suggestions?  What about a "box" made of plexiglass, but
are there any glues out there that are non-toxic in case she wants to chew
at the corners?  I am at a loss....  thanks for your help.  -Tina