From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:29:57 -0900
As I pull up the FML today and of course read through the first couple
of posts, I think to myself, I wish I lived in NY or PA, I could give a
ferret or two a good home.  I'd be willing to travel to pick them
up...road trips are great!  Too far away in Alaska to be able to help
anyone out.  Oh poor me, I think I'll just have a pity party.

Then what do I run across!!!!!
>Subject: Ferret in distress - Anchorage, AK

I replied directly, right away!

And as I finish reading today's list, my little Wheelie confirms that it
is indeed a wise thing to bring home a new ferret, introduce it to other
ferrets, and teach them/let them learn how to play.  Every day Wheelie
enjoys life more.  At first she was completely ignored by the other
ferrets & she had no idea how to play.  Today, 3 1/2 months later she
played (& dooked!!!!!!!!) to complete exhaustion, and she still wants
more.  She & Buddy just fell asleep in mid attack!!  It was hilarious!!

After loosing 2 ferrets, albeit not exactly mine, I need a new, little
life around here.  On top of that, I lost my precious "old wise man" soul,
Oliver, in August. (and I keep calling poor Buddy "Oliver").  I also lost
my grandmother in Sept (and I know she's watching over all my critters at
the Rainbow Bridge, oh how she loved the pets!) and two acquaintances in
the past month.

In an effort to help myself feel better, I spent a whole bunch of money
at the ferretstore.com yesterday.  They all deserve it so much.  Thanks
for listening...er, reading.

Holly, Tigger (cat & "the Queen"), P-Bear, Perrin, Tassie, Buddy & Wheelie