From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 02:41:46 -0800
OK, checking every vet in the county (and it took a while since there are
only 10+ vets in this little bitty hole in the ground) I have yet to find
the A/D mentioned in the duck soup recipe!  Enlightenment please?

Tubbs (a.k.a. Tubby, formerly Hop-a-long) has taken a special place in my
husband's heart.  Don't get me wrong, he loves all the furbrats, but he
(and our son) both look for Tubbs when they want ferret kisses.  This boy
is enjoying his newfound freedom like someone is going to take it away from
him at any minute.  Now, dust off your imagination, and picture a little
2.5 lb.  (18mo old) sable dragging this 3+/- lb.  butterscotch tub to the
cardboard box ferret castle.  And doing his damnedest to drag him inside of
said castle!  Tubbs just laid there and let Thunder drag him like a toy.
I wonder if Thunder was planning on putting him in the hidey hole with the
squeak toys????  Tubbs went to the vet Monday and got his rabies shot (yea!
everybody down to the dog is legal!) and all 4 go in Friday for distemper--
with pre-treatment.  My vet says he's never seen a reaction, but I'm not
sure that many of the fert owners around here are getting them vaccinated
properly.  According to him, every adrenal case he's seen, the owners opted
out of the surgery!  I don't understand this...makes you wonder if they
would have begged & borrowed if it had been a dog or cat.  Well, off to
bed for now.... Hugs and healing thoughts to all the sick fuzzies (and
hoomans).  Remember we will be reunited with the ones we have lost at the
Rainbow Bridge.

Tammy & the Crew
(Miss PeaPie, Thunder, Lightning & Tubbs with Baby the cat and Ramses
the dog.  Mommy is missing Lucky, Onyx, Duke & Ginger waiting at the
Bridge...)
War Dance Haven

Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
explain physics to a 3 year old.