From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 18:16:35 -0700
Hello everyone!

I wanted to take some time out to thank a few people for things sent me and
for advise given on the fml.

First, I must apologize for not remembering names.  I received items via
post (postman, oops, person), but cannot remember the names of those who
sent them to me.  Nor can I find the letter/notes which accompanied the
packages.  My organizational skills disappeared once I moved to Texas.
Guess the heat fries the brain cells, eh!!!

1) I received a small manilla envelope in the mail (from Europe) which
contained photos of gates (to keep ferts out of certain rooms) and ferrets.
Thank you so much.  I still have to find time to make or locate these
gates, but they are wonderful ideas.  And your babies are adorable.  I
love their little faces and expressions.

2) Thank you to the lady who lives near Boulder, CO who was kind in sending
me the article on ferts which she found while reading the Boulder newspaper.
I enjoyed the article.  I am certain a great deal of others (pet stores,
politicians, potential new owners, new owners, and the like) would do good
to read this article.

3) Thank you to those who recommended such things as:
   a) Cat Pine Litter.  I bought the litter a week ago.  Since purchasing
      this product, I have had few presents left on my carpet.  The smell
      is more pleasant, as well.
   b) using Ferritvite and the "no bite" treatment.  I practised this with
      my newest family member, Sully, a 3lb 8oz silver baby who was found
      roming the streets in nearby Alivin, TX.  He was a fear biter.  By
      praising him when he licked the tube and saying "no bite" and
      removing the tube when he bit at it, he has learned not to bite.
      Well, except for the toes <G>.

Now a question: I am in contact with an fml'er who is moving to CaCa land.
She has a baby whom she will try and smuggle into the state.  I know there
is an organization in CaCa which assists ferret families.  I think it is
STAR, but am not certain.  Remember the heat of Texas fries those brain
cells!  <G> If anyone knows of this organization, please contact me so I
can help this person and her furry child.

Thanks much,

Lise and Domi (am I named after the turtle on Animal Planet or the
pugalistic hockey player?!), Meisha (hey, I am named after a siamese
cat!), Nonnie (Mom made up my name), Sully (short for Solomon?),
Stacia (How'd you get Stacia from Anastasia?) and Dante (Mom said
Dante is a cool Italian name; I am *not* named for mom's book,
"Dante's Inferno!!!)