From:
Tracy L Carney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 20:52:21 -0400
Ok, here I am about to bring up what is sure to be a touchy subject all
around.  I myself am ferret crazed, who can blame me?  I am also a new
ferret mom, agian, who could resist?  My problem is this...I am rather
concerned about the recent ferret craze that has taken my college town by
storm.  The pet stores around here can't keep the little buggers in stock,
everyone and their brother has a new baby ferret that they are soooo sure
will be the love of their life forever.  Yeah right.  Many people I talk to
who have recently purchased ferrets have absolutly NO KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER
about how to care for their furry friend.  My concern is that ferrets are
being bought on whims, thinking they are somewhat disposable like hamsters
or mice.  THEY ARE NOT!!  We all know that ferrets are as intellegent as
dogs, and they need to be treated as such!  I know my concerns are real, as
everyday in the school paper there are more and more ferrets for sale.
Furthermore, a friend of mine who volunteers at the local humane society
says that they get at least a ferret a day!  AHHHHH!  I have told her that
if a nice (healthy) one comes in, that I would adopt it, but I can't s
[??? - just ended there. BIG]
                                  Tracy & Niko
                        "crusaders for ferrets everywhere"
                              (smile)