From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 20:04:04 EST
Dear Santa,

My name is Tater and I'm a ferret.  I wasn't around last year, so this
is my first letter to you.  Paw Paw and Mee Maw said that you would know
who I am anyway, so I'm writing to tell you what I want for Christmas.

The first thing I'd like you to do for me is for you to visit all the
ferrets, and other critters, who will have to spend Christmas Day in
pet shops, shelters or, otherwise, alone for some reason.  Let them
know that they are loved and that Christmas is for them too.  I know
you may be too busy to get to everyone, but maybe some of your helpers
can fill in for you.  The important thing is that every lonely
creature knows that they are loved and that someone cares about them.

Second, I'd like for you to find a way to help all the ferrets who are
sick this Christmas - like Kitka and Buddy and all the rest.  Paw Paw
says that you know who they all are, so I don't have to name all of
them here.  Maybe you can get your special helper, Baby Jesus, to help
you with this.  Mee Maw says that you are pretty good with magic, but
that Baby Jesus can work miracles - and that this is really His holiday
anyway.  I don't know, but, if Mee Maw says it's true, it must be true.

Next, I'd like you to help all the ferrets, and other critters, who are
being abused or mistreated - Logan comes to mind.  I don't really
understand how humans could ever be mean to one of us, but Paw Paw says
that's one reason why human people needed a Redeemer in the first
place.  I guess he's right.  I don't like to watch the news anymore.

Finally, Santa, I'd like for you to do something really special for all
the human people who are nice to me and my critter brothers and sisters.
I've met so many of them on the FML, but I know that there has to many
more of them out there - who may not have yet discovered how neat
ferrets are - but who love and cherish other beasties.  Heck I have nine
cats in my house, and I love every one of them.

And, really finally now, could you see if you can do anything to help
the poor ferrets who are illegal?  They need to be able to run around
outside, go to the grocery store and just be themselves without being
put in jail - or something worse.

Paw Paw just looked over my shoulder and read what I've written so far.
He asked me if I wasn't going to ask for anything special for myself for
Christmas.  I told him to read my letter again.  I've already asked for
everything I really want to get this Christmas.  He just smiled, rubbed
my head and said, "I kinda figured that, little guy.  Why can't
everybody in the world be like you?  Merry Christmas."

Merry Christmas to you too, Paw Paw and Mee Maw.  Merry Christmas to my
nine cat buddies.  Merry Christmas to you, Santa, and Merry Christmas to
everybody on the FML.

Luv to all,

Tater

PS: A box of raisins that Mee Maw and Paw Paw
don't know about would be kinda nice.