Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:08:11 -0700
Petsmart now carries Totally Ferret!  (and TF treats) Although it's
priced at $19.99 for 5 lb., it will be lowered soon because of their low
price guarantee.  They have a smaller bag, too.  TF also sent out some
(good!) brochures about ferret care with the display.

Petsmart got in the improved Sheppherd & Greene a few weeks ago.  The
ingredients look great.  It is $14.99 for 4 lbs.  I'm curious about their
claim "The only food guaranteed to reduce odor."

On another note, I'm off to the local shelter tomorrow with a car full of
ferret supplies.  Last I heard, they had 5 ferrets (2 duos and a big
boy).  If there is any chance of someone nearby (Lincoln, NE) adopting
them, PLEASE DO.  The shelter is well-meaning, but they don't have any
clue about ferrets, and their vet refuses to even examine "exotics." I
would even be willing to pay the adoption and vet fees--that's how much I
want them to find a forever home.

But, anyway, I'll do nails & ears, let them exercise, and make their cage
more ferret-friendly with new towels, hammocks, dishes, food, litter,
etc.  I wish I could adopt them, but I'm up to 13...and will be faced
with finding a place to rent in the next year.

Lastly, thanks again to everyone who responded about my Merlin's ear
injury.  He's doing great.

Kara & The Kitten's 13 Playmates