From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:16:08 -0400
I love it for my fuzzies !!!  However, I modify it for the ones with
insulinoma by omitting the nutrical and honey.  Also, I had reservations
about trying to grind raw chicken (salmonella), so I cut it into pieces
at the joints, and pressure cook it - a 4 lb chicken + 3 cups water +
other ingredients for 40 minutes.  This sterilizes it and makes the bones
soft enough to easily chop or blend (you can pulverize them with two
fingers), and is probably easier on the digestive tract - definitely
easier on the blender !!!  Also, once it cools, I like to stir in 2 - 3
cans of canned pumpkin per 4 lb chicken, since mine are all post ECE, one
with probable IBD.  The pumpkin does wonders for the poops (also makes
them a "cheery orange") and does not affect the blood sugar levels for
the one's with insulinoma.  [Note: All this is with my vet's blessing,
and has worked exceedingly well for my fuzzies and my friend's as well].
Wishing you and yours all the best - Jd