Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:01:30 -0500
Master Largo's News
Reporter Andy
Ziggy Reporter of a Higher Order

Andy here: I WANT MY ZIGGY BACK!!!  Mum says I have to have a new cub
reporter.  Mum says it is going to be Possum AKA Munchkin.  All she ever
does is talk.  Or Gizmo AKA Gizzer The only thing she does around here is
scale the front of all our cages and tries to get in them to see if our
beds are better than hers.  Just like Goldie Locks and the three bears.
Then there is Spice she don'ts has and AKA name.  Spice is a fluffy
little girl that don't talk, don't climb cages and really does not make a
peep or show her nose.  Hummmmm I wonder, maybe I should tell mum that
Sugar would be best for the job.  She may just be my ticket to having the
news to myself.  I will need to ponder that idea.  Shhh don't any of you
tell mum what I am thinken.  Mum says she has not made up her mind who it
will be yet.

If I have to have a cub reporter and you all know I don'ts wants one,
then I want my Ziggy back... Take a look at all the mail that came in to
me and Ziggy last month.  If not Ziggy then I maybe that Stinky Boy Brave
Heart oops I mean Doll Face!  HUMP doll face; poo poo.  Anyway if I can
not have Ziggy than that Brave Heart will do, but mum says I have to have
a girl.  Mum says that girls are good reporters.  I say girls are cry
babies, tattle tales and bossy.  Where is my Ziggy????

Look Ziggy is gone but she and I still gets emails from humans:

It was a great tribute to a spunky gal who is greatly missed.  I'm sure
you have a new cub reporter in the wings to pick up the torch that Ziggy
passed.  And I know that Ziggy will whisper in her ear when she needs
encouragement.

Thanks for allowing us to laugh and cry with you.

Barb and the Underfoot Family

I liked the way you still got Ziggy into the newsletter-she will never
be forgotten that way-good job, buddy!
(I still had a tear in my eye though!)

YF
Sue

Dear Andy,

This was a very good reporting job!  I think you could handle it on your
own, but Ziggy is a smart girl and she might be right about at least
having a cub reporter.  There is, after all, a lot of news to report
every month and there's probably more than enough to go around.  Didn't
you say Brave Heart missed reporting?  He might be fun to work with.

Anyway, please give your mum lots of extra kisses and attention right
now.  It sounds like she's been through a lot of sad times.  You are
very lucky to have such a wonderful mum who loves you so much and takes
excellent care of you and on top of all that lets you write the news!

Keep up the good work!

Angie

Dear Fuz Love.  I guess you should tell Ziggy that far away moms know
every thing and can here every thing that their fuzzys can.  It doesn't
matter if you are a boy or a girl only that you are a good reporter and
tell the truth.  And Ziggy needs to remember we can't all be girls!

It's nice to know that she is still around to help you, it will be our
secret.  Be a good boy and an ace reporter.
Love Far away mom.

Well Andy, I think you did a fine job with the news, but it's good to
have a girl's point of view too sometimes.  Remember Andy, 2 heads are
better than one :)
Nicky

Dear Mum,

It was fun having a cub reporter.  Ziggy is just jealous.  Trish

Andy here: Now see all the letters we got?  How are we going to get
letters if mum lets a new girl take over as cub reporter?  How am I going
to do my job if I have to train a new GIRL reporter?  Well Mum says I
need to tell the news or she is going to start plucking my fur from me,
so I will do the news now.

Saturday 17th Surprise

Mum was in the ferret room moving us kids and trying so hard to stay
caught up.  She was feeling so lousy and sick that it took twice as much
time to move us kids and clean cages than usual.  Miss Vicki and a friend
(I don't bember her name) came to see us and mum.  They were both in the
play room with Angel and Lucy.  Mum was going from the ferret room to the
play room when she heard someone yell HELLO from the store.  Boy I mum
sure was mad that she got interrupted one more time.  I heard her says
aloud "Damn NOW WHAT"!  OHHHH I knowed then mum was getting in her
bad mood mode when I heard that bad word come out of her mouth.  Mum had
had one interruption after another from 10 am, it was now noon.  Miss
Jill by the way had been here first at 10 am, she did not stick around
and when mum tolds her about all the people that were coming and what she
was going to have them do in the shelter Miss Jill looked at mum funny.
Only when mum asked her why she said no reason, I have to go.  So she
knowed about what was going to happen.  Now mum was being interrupted
again.  Mum walked out to the kitchen to find Aunt Ret and my far away
mom standing in the store from Oswego NY that is 2 hrs away.  Mum said
what the Hell are you doing here?  (There is them bad words coming out of
mums mouth again, she is getten madder and madder) Aunt Ret says I told
you in E-mail this morning I had errands to run.  By this time mum can
see Miss Stacie, Miss Nichole and Mr. Mike standing behind my far away
mom and Aunt Ret.  Aunt Ret says to mum get your coat on you need to come
see something.  Mum said wait I do not know if I have everyone put away
and taken care of... Mum was a blank at that point, mum if funny when she
gets all discombobulated.  Mum finally made sure all us kids were in
place and secure, got her coat on and out the door she went with all the
humans standing there waiting for her.

When mum got out to the driveway there was an assortment of 8 to 10 cars
out there.  Me; the senior reporter; had to find this out later because
mum would not take me out with her.  Aunt Ret stands mum next to the side
of this white van, tells mum to open the sliding door.  As soon as the
door opened, out popped Roderick my 2 legged furless brother and mums
favorite Lisa.  Roderick's S.O.

Mum screamed Oh My God.  NOW That; I heard all the way in the shelter.  I
heard mum screaming; what are you doing here?  Roderick says here mom
open this, I wanted to hand deliver it.  So mum opens this manila envelop
to find a wonderful black and white picture of Roderick and his coworkers
in full uniform standing in front of a patrol van.  For them humans that
don't know Roderick is a cop in Atlanta Ga.  Roderick says POlice man!
Then someone says (mum thinks Aunt Ret) what do you think of the van?
Mum said it is cool it looks just like the one Lisa and I rented when we
went to Ga.  for the symposium.  Mum being mum she is babbling on and on
about this, that and the other thing when Roderick finally holds the van
keys out to mum and says well good you like it, here, this is your van
put the keys on your key ring.

At that point mum was looking around at all the people standing around
her and seeing humans she had not seen is months, Miss Judy, Mr Dave
too..  All of a sudden out of the back ground mum's baby brother Kevin
walks up to give mum a birthday hug.  Mum says she was blown away by the
entire thing.  Then after the most of everyone left Aunt Ret hands mum a
list of the people that donated to get mum the new to her, van.  Mum says
now she has a van back under her butt to take us kids to see our favorite
Doc.  Aunt Ret, Lisa and Roderick were even able to get mum's insurance
company to transfer the insurance onto this new van from her old broked
tired one.  Mr. Harry that Mr. Harry sneaky sneaky Harry, all the time
everyone was working on getting the van for mum Mr. Harry was putting a
web site together so everyone could see what they were getting her, how
far they had come and they could leave messages for mum to read when it
was all done.

Most of the time mum was out side looking at the van her mouth was
hanging to the ground, or she was crying.  Mum says she has the most
awesome shelter friends any one could ever have.  I have to agree with
mum, we have lots of humans that help mum take care of us and having a
van to drive is part of that help.  Mum says Miss Nichole's and Mr. Mikes
little green jelly bean was great to get mum back and fourth to work and
pick up old lady Kay, but she kept bumping her head when she tried to get
into it.  She don't bump her head no more.  J Mum says she is working on
thank you notes to all the people that were involved, she is working on
thank you notes to all the people that sent presents to us kids for
Christmas, so please be patient mum has lots and lots of thank you notes
to complete, but you will be getting one.  Aunt Ret made sure she kept
track of every person that was involved..

Here is the link for the web page Mr. sneaky Harry put together with
pictures and messages from the people involved in getting mum the van.
http://www.kwflatbed.com/brenda/birthday.html

The next exciting thing that happened was Christmas Day, we had mum all
to us all alone.  Mums hided the van, locked the doors to the house and
kept the computer on line all day so no one could call her.  We hung out
all alone with mum.  We do not get to do that much.  It was an awesome
special day with our mum.

12-30-05 we got to meet Miss Laraine, she came to visit and help mum at
the shelter.  She is a new shelter friend, she brought us TREATS!!!!!!!
Miss Laraine also gave us lots and lots of hugs and kisses.  Thanks Miss
Laraine we love treats, hugs and kisses too but treats are the best!  You
going to come again to see us?

We had campers here for Christmas too, Deutsch and Maci, Maci is still
here.

Well I know this is not lots of news but I have used up lots of pages,
if I use up too many Mr. BIG will not be able to let us put this on the
FML so I need to stop now.  I will be back next month with more news,
probably with a cub reporter if mum has anything to say about it.  I
still want my Ziggy back!

Until Next Month;
Andy Senior reporter

Ziggy,; from Rainbow Bridge with an unending supply of cheweasels in
heaven.  They grow on trees and drop like apples...

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
http://ferretcongress.org

IGive Fund Raiser for Lakeroad Ferret Farm
http://www.kwickbid.com/shop.php?userid=100097

Lakeroad Ferret Farm KwickBid Store
http://www.kwickbid.com/shop.php?userid=100097

Don't have time for a ferret of your own?  You can sponsor one of our fur
kids.

There are new faces at the shelter go take at look at kids looking for
new homes.
http://www.ferretfarm.org

Andy-cub reporter, shelter kids, & oh yeah mum too!

Petfinder Page
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html

Shelter Video
http://www.kwflatbed.com/videos/ferretfarm.wmv