Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:51:11 +0100
Dear People,

I have a new question for those of you who have had to deal with
cardiovascular myopathy.

I wrote to you some two weeks ago and the advise I got was very worth
while.  Fronsky has gone through a terrible weekend, and it turns out that
he may have had a digoxin poisoning due to a couple of factors.  Possible
extra sensitivity to the drug (lanoxin) 0.18 ml, sudden waterretention, and
subsequent diuretic ( Furosemide solution) treatement, and sudden weight
loss and not wanting to eat, to name a few.  That and me thinking that I
schould increase the dosage because the vet had said that he should be able
to handle a somewhat bigger dose proved to be near fatal.  We took him of
the digoxin for 24 hours and that seemed to work a little bit.  This
afternoon we put him back on tha Lanoxin so now the waiting begins.

My question now is : Has anybody ever had this happen to their ferret?
Also Fronsky seems to have a severe cramp in his right hind leg and is
totally without any strength.  He manages to crawl to the news paper to
have a pee but he has to lay down to do it.  I clean his bed some three
times a day at the moment because he hates beeing dirty.

I give him mashed banana and concentrated instant(Waldhams)protein drink.
I tried giving him very very small amounts of potassium and magnesium.  But
he hates it and I don't want to stress him out.  Could his overall weakness
and the cramped hindleg and his increased sensitivity have anything to do
with potassium deficiency?

Answers or attempts answer these questions are much appreciated I'll check
my post tomorow and hope some of you have been able to get trough to me.

Kind regards

Evelien

Who loves her ferrets a lot.