Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:18:02 +0200
Dear reader,

I have a very pressing question.  I have a very ill ferret.  I know he
is not long for this world anymore, he has cardiovascular myopathy and
prognosis is poor.  I am lucky, I quess, since we managed to pull him back
from deaths doorstep about four times in the last nine months.  The lucky
part beeing that he not only survived, but actually enjoyed beeing alive,
sharing his bed with two of his children, playing, and when tired sleep in
between me and my husband, who for your information is not at all fond of
ferrets.  According to him they smell, bite and are allways under your
feet.  As early as the first symtoms of his very progressive disease he has
been showing some strange behaviour that I can't help but feel that it may
have something to do with his condition.  He drinks his own urine.  Not
that of the others, only his own.  Is there anybody out there who has had
the same behaviour with their ferrets and under the same conditions?  has
anybody done research about this fenomenon?  Please let me know.  He's
getting much worse and I know that he cannot live on much longer under the
present conditions.  Just to see him for a couple more weeks under improved
conditions would be a blessing.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Evelien Gilbert